What Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect from users is an essential component of the OrthoPulse® System:
- Information You or Your Dental Provider Share with Us: We and our service providers collect and store any information that you provide to us, as well as information that is provided to us by your dentist, orthodontist or other treatment provider. If you, your dentist, orthodontist or other treatment provider create a provider or patient account linked to your name or contact information (an “Account”), we collect the registration information that is shared with us. We collect information when you contact us via the OrthoPulse® App with a request, question, or comment. We collect information about patients when dental providers create patient Accounts, when patients access their Accounts via the OrthoPulse® App, and when an OrthoPulse® syncs with the OrthoPulse® App. The information provided to us may include, but is not limited to: (a) your name, contact information, email address, mobile phone number, password, OrthoPulse® device serial number, and other registration information; (b) your personal details such as your age and gender; (c) orthodontic treatment details such as your treatment start date or planned duration of treatment (d) information regarding your usage of the OrthoPulse®, such as the date, time, and duration of your use; and (e) information you provide us when you contact us with a request, question, or comment. Even if you, as a patient, do not use the OrthoPulse® App, your dental treatment provider may send us information regarding your usage of your OrthoPulse® by syncing your OrthoPulse® with his or her OrthoPulse® App.
- Information Automatically Collected From You: We and our service providers collect and store certain types of technical information from your mobile device over time whenever you interact with us through the OrthoPulse® App, such as: your Internet Protocol address; your general geographic location (e.g., for purposes of determining your time zone); your mobile device’s model, software version, IP address, and network status; information about how and when you use the OrthoPulse® App and/or your mobile device.
How Do We Use This Information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you and your dental provider with information about your use of the OrthoPulse®;
- operating the OrthoPulse® System, including providing to you the features and services available through the OrthoPulse® App;
- providing you with information, services, or products you request and responding to your inquiries;
- customizing your experience when using the OrthoPulse® System, such as by providing personalized treatment options;
- monitoring the safety and efficacy of the OrthoPulse® System;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the OrthoPulse® System;
- providing you with information about the OrthoPulse® System or required notices;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- improving the OrthoPulse® System and the services we provide; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of the OrthoPulse® System.
Sharing your Information
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the OrthoPulse® System in the following circumstances:
- Treatment Purposes: Information collected from patients, such as information about usage of the OrthoPulse® System, may be disclosed to your dental treatment provider.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform certain business functions on our behalf. Examples include providing data hosting services, application development services, and providing customer service support. These service providers may have access to information that we collect in order to perform services on our behalf.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information in order to comply with legal obligations or requests, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations.
- In Connection with a Transaction: we may disclose the information we collect to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Where Is This Information Processed?
We process information collected via the Online Services/OrthoPulse® App in and subject to the laws of the Republic of Singapore, which may not provide the same level protection for your information as your home country. The information may be available to the Republic of Singapore government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the Republic of Singapore. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the Republic of Singapore to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the Online Services/OrthoPulse® System, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the Republic of Singapore, Canada, USA Switzerland and Hong Kong.
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the OrthoPulse® System. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to and from the OrthoPulse® System over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks
The OrthoPulse® App allows you access to information about your Account for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child that uses the OrthoPulse® App, you may be able to review or delete certain information that we have collected in association with your child’s use of the OrthoPulse® App. If you would like to do so, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided to us information that identifies you, you may be entitled to request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of certain information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the fundamental rights to access to information, rectification, erasure, restriction, data portability and to object. If you believe that the processing of your data contravenes data-protection law or your legal claim to protection of your data has been violated in some other way, you can complain to the supervisory authorities.
For Customers in the European Union
The Data Protection Authority is the responsible authority in Austria.
Biolux appointed Biolux Research GmbH, located in Vienna, Austria as their EU representative.
You can reach Biolux Research GmbH:
Biolux Research GmbH
Maria-Jacobi-Gasse 1, Top 1.09
Biolux Research Ltd.
825 Powell Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada